- The Humdrum Festival Official Website (www.humdrumfestival.co.uk)
- Humdrum Festival official social media channels
- Emails sent via the Festival website contact form
- Information supplied to the Festival by artists and volunteers
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to process your ticket or accommodation bookings, trader or volunteer applications or other enquiries, we will need to collect and use information about you.
- What information the Festival may collect about you;
- How the Festival will use information we collect about you;
- When the Festival may use your details to contact you;
- Whether the Festival will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
From time to time we will need to ask people for their personal details in forms to subscribe for specific information or entering applications electronically. Personal information collected via this website and the registration process is controlled by Chris & Fiona Puleston (the data controllers). This data is only held for the specified purpose made clear at the time of collection. Your data will only ever be shared with a third party for explicit, necessary processing purposes; for instance:
- Woocommerce is the data processor of your registered personal information. Woocommerce have access to your registered personal information for the sole purpose of processing ticket bookings. Woocommerce will not use this information to contact you about anything in relation to your dealing with this website.
- If you book accommodation via this website, your booking information will be shared with the accommodation provider 'we pitch tent hire' via the data controllers of this website, for the sole purpose of processing your booking. Our accommodation provider will not use this information to contact you about anything other than your booking (however you may still receive communication from them if you have made other bookings with them or opted in to their mailing lists independently).
Please note that sometimes we may require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further details about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We comply with all relevant data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data, and we will ensure that our data processors do the same.
Humdrum Festival may use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To contact you with information about your ticket or accommodation purchase (either directly or via the accommodation provider, 'we pitch tent hire')
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide for the website or our social media platforms, or CVs or volunteer applications uploaded to our contact form
- To deal with your requests and enquiries
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the Festival, to ensure that localised services (such as the local ticket area) are protected. This does not currently include using geo-demographic information from external sources but may in the future and this policy will be amended accordingly at that time.
- To notify you of any changes to the Festival’s policies and practices.
- We will not use and disclose anonymised information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where the Festival proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are using your information and how we will use it, and obtain your consent in advance where needed.
If you are aged 17 or under, you will need your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the Festival.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant current activity or festival, as outlined in the privacy statement for each specific data process.
The ticket purchasing process requires that customers are registered to the site. In purchasing tickets you will automatically become registered. As long as you do not have a current booking you may delete your registration at any time by notifying us in writing.
VOLUNTEER AND PERFORMER DATA
Whether you are volunteering as a steward, or performing on stage, you or your representatives will be required to supply a certain amount of personal data in order for the Festival to fulfil your contract or contact you in case of an emergency. The personal information you provide will be stored and processed by the data controllers. Where the data may be processed by a third party on the Festival’s behalf, this will be outlined in the specific area’s privacy statement. Your information will never be shared with or sold to other third parties.
In addition to the basic information provided in order to fulfil our contractual obligations, we will also use some of the personal data provided by artists to compile our line up listings. This will include the performer’s name and social media handles (where they exist). The line-up listings may be shared with third party companies, such as media outlets involved with festival promotion in order to publish line-up information across their platforms; as well as being publicly available on the line-up page of the Festival website. We believe this is in the legitimate interest of both the Festival and the artists performing at the Festival, as artists derive a benefit from being featured across these platforms, however any artist who wishes to have their information removed from or amended on these listings, has the right to deletion or rectification, as described in ‘YOUR RIGHTS’ below.
Humdrum does not currently produce or issue a newsletter. If the decision is later made to produce a newsletter, this policy will be amended to account for the further use of registered customer data in producing a mailing list and opportunity provided to positively opt in or out at the point of ticket or accommodation purchase.
The copyright in the text on this website is owned by Humdrum Festival (‘we, ‘us’ ‘our’) except where it is specifically stated that the information was previously published elsewhere and/or the copyright is acknowledged to another party, usually the original publisher or writer. Any text on this website that is marked with the copyright notice of any other party apart from the Festival is that person’s intellectual property and you must contact that person or organisation if you wish to use their material.
Subject to the above, other publications are very welcome to copy all or part of any article(s) on this website where we hold the copyright on the strict condition that this website is acknowledged and a link (in online publishing) or the address (in print) to this website is provided as part of the article. If you do wish to use an article in this way you must send details of this using the contact details found on the ‘Contacts’ page of this website.
We own the copyright in all photographs taken by employees and volunteers of Humdrum Festival. However, photographs taken by freelance photographers who have purchased their tickets to the Festival, with specific permission to work as a freelance photographer, retain the copyright of these images. They may be published here with their permission for promotional use on this website only and may not be used without the original copyright owner’s permission.
Higher resolution versions of photographs found on this website may be available for use in publications. Please advise when requesting a picture of the full web address of the picture required or of the subject matter. We will also provide details of the appropriate credit to be used when the picture is used. You may not copy and use any photographs or other artwork without our permission. Any approved licences for the use of photographs, text material or other material from this website will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Copyright of the photographs submitted to the Festival's website, by private electronic communication or via social media platforms controlled or operated by or on behalf of the promoter will remain the property of the photographer or other copyright owner, but by uploading them, the owner of the copyright irrevocably grants to Humdrum Festival the right to publish the photograph itself whether on its official website or by any other form of publication in any other media or arrange publication through third parties in any form of publication in any media and notwithstanding the generality of the forgoing the photographer/owner of the copyright hereby expressly agrees that Humdrum festival may use the photograph in any official DVD or similar audio-visual device or television or internet programme without further approval from or payment to the copyright owner.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst the data controller for Humdrum Festival’s registration system and the event organisers will use their reasonable endeavours to ensure that all material found on this website is accurate and up to date, it cannot guarantee this to users/readers and that the information contained on this website is accurate, complete or verified and will accept no liability or obligation (whether at law or otherwise) for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this website or for any loss or damage suffered by any person, company or other organisation from any reliance placed upon the information found on this website.
You have the following rights under the GDPR in respect of your personal information held by us:
(a) to access your personal data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Festival holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy)
(c) to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information)
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please refer to the appropriate data protection legislation or consult the ICO for details)
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113.
Cookies may be used from time to time to assist us in presenting the website in a more usable format.
INFORMATION AND THE LAW
We may occasionally release your personal or financial information to assist law enforcement, to comply with laws or regulations, for example to enforce the terms under which you purchased a ticket, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Festival, users of the site or others, including your vital interests or those of another person.
RECORDING THE FESTIVAL
If you wish to film or record the Festival please make sure you have read our Broadcaster, Internet and Filming Access Policy. If you wish to use a camcorder, mobile phone etc. to film at the Festival for your own private use please see our guide to filming at the Festival.
Humdrum Festival’s official logo is a registered trademark owned by Chris and Fiona Puleston. All rights reserved.
This website www.humdrumfestival.co.uk is owned by Chris and Fiona Puleston